Monday, June 9, 2008

THE CLUB

Its a man's world..truly!!!And they stand all for one and one for all:)

I know i will get pelted by all the men in my life i.e.family,freinds,colleagues, seniors,enemies-alike for saying something like this.Trust me it is an opinion that i have not formed overnight.It has brewed in my mind over innumerable portions of coffee and years of rumination.

Sexism is stronger than racism,it is stronger than than any -ism that one can think off.The male club is like an elite club which has resentfully provided entry to the so called weaker sex.Our entry to this elite club,is looked upon as an ode to the superiority,confidence and charitable spirit of the male population.

Well i can say for myself...I am walking into this club with my head held high,will order some coffee(definitely pay for it myself) and stare back at all the smirkers,ooglers,etc.Stop looking at us as outsiders....after all you spend most of your time thinking about us...If we can be in your mind and heart and hearth ,the club can't remain ALL MALE.

3 comments:

nika.narani said...

I agree that as Indians, most women live in a chauvinistic and almost claustrophobic environment. However I disagree with men being a typecast across the board.

In my opinion (and solely mine); one should find place within themselves before they place themselves within society. It is the reflection of the self (and its confidence) that is stronger than forced admission in such instances.

YAITSME said...

Hey...I am not saying men dont think about women all the time...but lets not generalise...with the sexual liberation, men think about men too ;-)

On a serious note,I think the all male club is changing...all the dominance women had to bear over the last few centuries is finally being neutralised...and with a vengeance...atleast within homes,women are more powerful and decision makers...men are just executing orders and willfully....or else we would still have joint families mushrooming...and many more things.

Honestly, I feel as long as both can co-exist peacefully, bastions do not matter...being the great diversity rich nation we are...there will be all kinds

animation said...

well its the other way round too...if chauvinism is a big issue, feminism too. Women have taken to this word vey literally, and the problem is that they want a lot of advantages of being a woman, without willing to take some pitfalls.